The Australian School of the Arts (ASTA) Professionals Program is an audition based, specialist excellence co-curricular course that provides an unparalleled Arts education for talented students in Year 9 to 12 at Sheldon College. Through the provision of innovative and creative courses and an uncompromised high quality academic education, students become equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to follow their chosen pathways into Arts industries or tertiary institutions.
The ASTA Professionals Program creates and nurtures resilient, confident, creative, passionate and compassionate individuals. These young people have the unique opportunity to marry their love for and talent in the Arts, with a regular Academic program, which will still qualify them for an OP.
ASTA students are not typical high school students. They are focused on their future and are passionate and dedicated about preparing for it. In addition to their normal curriculum hours, students spend their time in lessons, practice sessions, workshops and rehearsals as they prepare for all aspects of performance and presentation. In alignment with Sheldon College’s Values, it is the Australian School of the Arts’ focus to educate the whole person. Students will grow artistically and intellectually, developing as a person and as a citizen.
The Professionals program consists of four areas of study: Combined Performing Arts (CPA), Fine Art, Film and Television (FTV) and Fashion and Costume Design.
To provide unparalleled creative learning experiences in the Arts in a supportive, challenging environment, thereby generating pathways into future Arts education and industry.
- innovation & excellence in Arts education;
- contemporary methodology focused on the continued integration of IT;
- integrated curriculum embracing the totality of the Arts;
- strategic alliances with corporate and educational bodies;
- industry endorsed training programs;
- exposure for students to industry experience;
- pathways into industry and tertiary level;
- career pathways for Certificate courses through to degrees;
- Nationally and Internationally renowned programs;
- Programs which address the different artistic, academic, cultural, health and pastoral needs of students;
- state of the art facilities and resources;
- specialist teaching by highly skilled and experienced professionals;
- high quality performance opportunities; and
- unparalleled creative learning experiences.